12/19/17 Suffolk County Police Headquarters
Suffolk County Police have arrested five people for selling vaping products including liquid e-nicotine to persons under the legal age of 21 years old at businesses located within the Fourth Precinct jurisdiction between December 2 and December 18, 2017.
In response to community complaints, Fourth Precinct Crime Section officers conducted an investigation into the sale of vaping products to underage customers. Nine businesses were checked for compliance.
The following five clerks were charged with violating the Suffolk County Code regulating the sale of E Cigarettes, which included liquid e-nicotine:
- Raymond Swartz, 28, of Yaphank, Xhale Custom Vapes, 335 Smithtown Blvd., Ronkonkoma
- Kyle Petrow, 23, of Selden, All Day Vapes, 2545 Route 25, Centereach
- Jonathan Chocko, 20, of Smithtown, Hookah, 2700 Route 25, Centereach
- Joyce Lamendola, 50, of Smithtown, Saint James Vape Shop,448 Lake Ave., Saint James
- Rashid Kamloan, 58, of Plainview, Mr. Vape, 114 Main St., Kings Park
The following establishments were in compliance:
- Long Island Vaporium, located at 401 Hawkins Road, Ronkonkoma
- Cloud Vapor and Smoke, located at 55 Route 111, Smithtown
- Suffolk Vape, located at 165A Terry Road, Smithtown
- BP Gas Station, located at 94 Pulaski Road, Kings Park
The clerks were issued Field Appearance Tickets and are scheduled to appear in First District Court in Central Islip at later dates.
A criminal charge is an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.
Photo shown of sample vape device. Not the actual devices sold by these stores.